EVENT HIRE: Big Bicycle Cinema
Bring people together to share a unique experience and develop a stronger sense of community with pedal power.
Our Big Bicycle Cinema uses the energy from 16 adults and children cycling to provide a cinematic performance for an audience of up to 1,000 people. You can have an outdoor cinema in parks, rooftops, playgrounds, anywhere! The idea is that the audience can bring their own bicycles to the event (we’ll bring some along too) and these will be used to generate the necessary power. Anyone can have a go.
The Big Bicycle Cinema is designed to entertain and also educate. All the electricity for the performance is produced by the cyclists alone. There are no batteries. Having generated their own energy, we hope that people will be encouraged to think about their own energy consumption and hopefully make a small step towards reducing it by changing their behaviour.
- 13x Medium sized bicycles suitable for age 7 upwards.
- 3x Children’s Bicycles
- Power Management system and feedback
- 3500-lumen projector
- 1200W PA system / Mixer
- MacBook Pro
- 6.2m wide inflatable screen
- 2x technical / event staff
- Risk Assessment
- Public liability insurance
- Film and film license (budget £0 to £150 plus VAT, depending on the film)
- Event logistics, management, marketing etc.
- Event marshals
- Contingency plan in case of rain. This could be a large marquee or indoor space
Terms and conditions: We cannot operate directly in rain due to sensitive electrical equipment. Please check sunset times for outdoor screenings, performances will ideally begin 30 minutes after sunset.
If you would like to use some of your own bicycles, please ensure you inform us in advance. The bicycles will need to adhere to this specification.
Costs: Please get in touch for a quote or more information.
Return to Event Hire