Event Hire: Big Bicycle Disco
People of all ages (even the kids!) love 70's and 80's disco music and there's nothing more satisfying than playing these old school tunes using vinyl records powered completely by bicycles.
Over the last year we’ve been trawling friends' attics, charity shops and markets for 70’s and 80’s vinyl records. We now have a fine collection of records with everything from 'Walk Like an Egyptian' by the Bangles to 'Word Up' by Cameo. Anyone can come along to our Bicycle Disco, choose a record and become a DJ for an afternoon and it's up to you to pick the right record to keep the cyclists going!
The entire installation is powered by bicycle and there are no batteries. So when the pedalling stops, the music stops allowing the audience to effectively 'vote with their feet'. It's a really great way to get kids involved, especially when many haven't even seen a record before, never mind getting the opportunity to play one!
- 1200W PA, Speaker stands, mixer, portable decks, MP3 player, audio cables
- 16x bicycle generation equipment, scaffold bus boards, power management and power cables
- 8x adult and 8x children’s bicycles
- 2-3x technical support staff
- Hire Vehicle
- Public liability insurance
- Event logistics, management, marketing etc.
- Event marshals if required
- Contingency plan in case of rain. This could be a large marquee or indoor space
- Hand cranked bubble machines and bubble mix (we have two machines)
- Energy generating concept II rowing machines (we have six)
- Hand generator for wheel chair users (coming soon).
Costs: Please get in touch for a quote or more information.
Return to Event Hire