HIRE US: EXTREME TEA CHALLENGE
Ever wondered how much energy it takes to make a simple cup of tea?
Probably not, but that's exactly the reason we developed our Extreme Tea Energy Challenge. In a head-to-head challenge, two people battle it out to demonstrate just how much power a human needs to generate to produce the energy required to boil an extremely small amount of water.
Educational and highly competitive, it's a fun and engaging activity that is suitable for adults and children.
HOW IT WORKS
We measure the energy generated from each bicycle and each cyclist must generate the equivalent amount of energy that it would take to heat a pre-determined amount of water. A scale of temperature runs between two LED light tubes acting as giant thermometers and the challengers go head-to-head in an attempt to see who can reach the highest temperature in a given time. Can you get to boiling point in 30 seconds?
Two Power Monitors display the real-time power output of each cyclist or team and records the maximum watts achieved and highest temperature reached. Each cyclist or teams temperature is then recorded on our 'top gear style' Magnetic Leaderboard and new challengers are encouraged to try and better their attempts.
You can hire our team of experts and equipment to support your event.
- 2/4x Bicycles w/ hub generators
- 2/4x Training stands with bridge rectifier
- 1/2x Busboards for bike stability
- 2x Power Monitors
- 1x LED temperature unit w/ two LED tubes
- 1x Power Station
- 2x Technical / event engagement staff member
- 1x Magnetic Leaderboard
- Public liability insurance
- Risk Assessment
- Suitable space to host event. The LED tube unit is relatively tall once erected and stands at around 2.5 metres. Please ensure the event space can accommodate this height.